The right process makes the difference between being good enough and being just right.
At Goguen Construction, Inc. we follow a detailed set of practice processes that are designed to maximize value for our clients. We treat each and every one of our clients with respect, communicating with consistency and concern for their satisfaction. We do not surprise with any unnecessary costs or delays and we handle project changes with flexibility and efficiency.
1. Initial Consultation
A consultation will typically take 1-2 hours.
- Discuss homeowner needs
- Brainstorm and discuss options for project
- Discuss design and finishes
- Discuss need for designer
- Design a rough layout and take measurements
- Schedule a follow-up meeting
2. Estimate and Plan
This typically takes 10-15 days (major projects may require additional time and review).
- Project designs, drawings and layouts are distributed to subcontractors
- Estimates are created and reviewed with subcontractors
- Visits to site may be required
- An estimate is drafted
3. Follow-Up Meeting
Review design plans and estimate with client (typically takes an hour).
- Review topics from initial meetings and any new questions
- Discuss process of the project moving forward
- Discuss any needed estimate modifications
- Additional design and estimates may be required
4. The Homeowner's Decision
Homeowner decides to move forward with Goguen Construction
- Deposit will be requested for materials procurement
- Scheduling will begin
- Discuss Client and Goguen Construction, Inc. expectations
- A project contract is drafted
5. Project Agreement
Review the contract details and terms (this typically takes 1-2 hours).
- Review the project estimate
- Review the project schedule
- Review the material selections
- Review and sign contract
- Collect deposit
- Review Client and Goguen Construction, Inc. expectations
6. Project Start
Subcontractors will arrive at a specified time to job site and the management team visits job site daily (usually 1-2 times per day). Weekly Review (typically on Friday) includes:
- A review of the build schedule
- Pay requests review and payment
- Progress review
- Discuss and resolve any outstanding issues or new questions
7. Project Completion
Goguen Construction, Inc. reviews work and makes sure the client is 100% satisfied with the project.
- Create punch list prior to project completion
- Punch list walk-through is scheduled with the homeowner
- Discuss expectations for completion
- 10% retainage is left out of budget for final pay request
- Final payment and walk through for project satisfaction is scheduled
8. Project Close-Out
Goguen Construction, Inc. confirms all important details for moving forward.
- Discuss contact information for warranty items
- Create a 6 month list and 1 year list
- Contact information for subcontractors for immedite response
- Certificate of Completion